How to Add Positivity into Your Daily Brushing Routine
Often people brush their teeth mindlessly without thinking of everything they should be doing. It’s usually a quick routine in the morning and once again at night that doesn’t include all the steps you should be taking to get healthier teeth. After reading these quick, easy steps, you’ll be on your way to a more positive routine!
- Use Soft-Bristled Toothbrush- considering you should be changing your toothbrush every three to four months, put some thought into picking the best type for you. You should try to consider getting a soft-bristled toothbrush. The most effective toothbrush, if possible for you to get, would be an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes remove twice as much plaque as manual brushing and are more gentle on your teeth. Ask any of your Dental Associates of Connecticut offices where you could find the perfect one for you today!
- Brush Longer Than You Think- everyone should be brushing their teeth for at least 2 minutes, twice a day. When you’re mindlessly going through your routine you often don’t think about how long you’re actually brushing. To solve this problem try using a timer, or to make your morning a little more exciting, play your favorite song to brush too. Not only will the song be the perfect amount of time to brush your teeth, it’ll also get you more energized in the morning.
- Brush in Circles- this is the correct motion for brushing your teeth. It gently and effectively cleans the gaps between your teeth, which is also why an electric toothbrush is the best for people because it already does this for you.
- Scrape Your Tongue- this is a very important step that many people skip out on during their brushing routine. By scraping your tongue you are removing any bacteria, toxins, dead cells or food debris that may have collected there. It also helped prevent bad breath, tooth decay, gum infections and boosts immunity! A lot of toothbrushes already have a scraper on the back, but if yours doesn’t, you could find a separate one at your local store.
- Floss with Essential Oils- this may be a weird one, but it’s true! By adding a drop or two of cloves, peppermint, tea tree or thyme to your morning floss you can help kill bacteria buildup between your teeth, creating healthier gums and teeth. However, even if you don’t add the oils, you should be flossing every day to get food buildup and bacteria out from between your teeth.
Once you’ve got these simple steps down, your morning will become much easier and your teeth will be healthier than ever, creating more positivity and confidence for your day.