Update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
What should you do if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus?
If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, follow the steps below to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community:
- Stay home if you are experiencing mild symptoms. You should restrict activities outside of your home, except for getting medical care.
- Contact your healthcare provider if your illness is worsening (i.e., difficulty breathing). Reach out to your healthcare provider by calling ahead. Tell your provider that you have or may have coronavirus-like symptoms so the staff can take steps to keep other patients from getting infected.
- If available, wear a face mask when you are around other people to help prevent the spread of the virus.
When should you seek medical care?
- If you are exhibiting symptoms please reschedule your appointments with us until such a time where your symptoms abate.
- If you’re experiencing mild or moderate symptoms, call the doctor’s office, emergency department or urgent care first so the staff can provide you more information and/or be ready to isolate you upon arrival. You also can call 2-1-1 for more information.